I have finished another blanket. They are now getting a bit out of hand now, after all there are only so many blankets you can use on a regular basis!
I used King Cole Flash in Summer Fruit and just knitted in garter stitch until I ran out of yarn.
I have recently got a car of my own and really needed a car blanket so this blanket does have a use!
I made some little cardboard houses from a pattern I found online here.
Cake decorations are the perfect size to go with the houses so I added some trees and a deer.
My favourite thing from making these houses was using my glittery glue sticks in the glue gun. They work really well and you don’t end up with glitter everywhere.
I made some tiny envelopes. They are made from old envelopes turned inside out. These ones have a design of really teeny tiny envelopes. They make me happy!
I have been making a scrapbook of our holiday from last year. For me a scrapbook is about little things that I collect that remind me of holidays or exciting events. This is not the same as scrapbooking. It is mostly just sticking!
I like to get a nice notebook or album, ideally spiral bound, and stick my treasures in along with the odd piece of writing. These pages are from my summer holiday scrapbook of 1993.
I have been using a similar approach for my latest scrapbook, but adding some interesting lettering, something new I have been trying.
I have been really enjoying making this scrapbook and look forward to my next one which will hopefully be a bit different.
Recently we had to go to a party in fancy dress. The theme was to go as the drink that you were taking with you. I decided to make a dress using the Cloud 9 toucan fabric we had at Berylune and go as a tequila sunrise, it was more or less the right colours!
I used the Mortmain bodice and added a gathered skirt. I am very pleased with the dress and look forward to wearing it lots. For the party I added an oversized cocktail umbrella and a big petticoat.
I have made another Mortmain dress and this time I added some piping to the neck and waistband. It worked really well.
This dress is made from fabric featuring vampires at the cinema, making it my vampire movie dress. I am very pleased I found this fabric as I was looking online to see if there was anything good with vampires on it. This is perfect!
I took a pot of tester paint and a pinboard I found in a charity shop for 30p and by combining the two ended up with this bright green pinboard. Perfect for my craft room.
This is my fifth Mortmain dress, I love sewing and wearing them so much I can’t stop! This time I have made a gathered skirt. I am very happy with it.
The fabric is cream with lots of tiny cars in bright colours. To make the dress more interesting I used bright orange bias binding round the neck and armholes.
Last week I bought myself some fabric and a pattern from Berylune. I used my long Bank Holiday weekend to make a dress. The pattern is The Mortmain from Gather. I really like the feel of the pattern envelope and all the illustrations. I found the instructions easy to follow and enjoyed making this dress, I have even cut out the next one already!
I love the shape of the dress and look forward to trying it with an exposed zip. I wasn’t able to get the right zip in time to sew it this weekend so just used a normal one.
I love the Cloud 9 fabric and took more care than I usually do cutting it out as I wanted the scissors running up and down on the skirt and bodice, but across on the waistband. I am really pleased with how this worked.